Recipe by KendraleighB
The sour cream makes this very moist and delicious. Sometimes I add chocolate chips for a change-up.
Top Review by Chilicat
Wow - I'm definitely a fan! I've been baking banana bread since I was a little kid and this is the lightest, fluffiest bread I've ever had! I made mine into muffins, which were perfectly baked in 23 minutes. I would definitely recommend filling muffin cups 2/3 full AT THE MOST because these babies rise like you wouldn't believe! This recipe will definitely be going into my book of favorites!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (or 1/4 c butter plus 1/4 c applesauce)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 1 1/2 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream or 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, sugar and eggs together.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Blend both mixtures, beating until well mixed. Add mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and chopped nuts. Pour into buttered loaf pan. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Cool upright for 15-20 minutes before inverting pan to remove loaf.