Recipe by Sue
This recipe is one I came up with using stuff I had on hand. It is always a hit at picnics or as an everyday side dish. I like that it is less greasy using ham rather than bacon.
Top Review by Baldwin480494
I altered the recipe a little according to what I had in my kitchen, but the bones of the recipe were the same. It was a big hit @ our Father's Day cookout. However 425 for one hour was a little too hot.
- 1 (53 ounce) can pork and beans (Drained and pork removed)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 slice 1/2 inch thick deli ham, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Set Pork-n-Beans in a collander to drain while you mix together the rest.
- In large bowl stir together tomato sauce, mustard, worcestershire sauce.
- Stir in onion, bell pepper and ham.
- Once it is well mixed stir in the brown sugar til it is dissolved.
- Now add beans to the mix.
- Bake at 425 for one hour.
- This is always a crowd pleaser.