Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Oh, you HAVE to try this one!! My family LOVES dips and spreads, and even the guys got really into this one. I even caught my uncle (who thinks guys are too "macho" for dips), eating it straight from the bowl with a spoon!! Best when made day of, and lettuce added just before serving. It gets soggy:(
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 113.39 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 59.14 ml diced green pepper
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 453.59 g bacon, cooked crisp, cooled and drained
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- black pepper, to taste
- shredded lettuce (to garnish) (optional)
- In medium bowl, with mixer, blend sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chopped onion and green pepper, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Crumble bacon into small pieces and add to mixture.
- Add chopped tomato and stir well.
- Garnish with shredded lettuce just before serving, if desired.
- Serve with Townhouse crackers or Wheat Thins.
- Also good served in a bread bowl with bread cubes to dip.
Wish I could give this more than 5 stars. This was so wonderful. And I had atleast 8 people ask me for the recipe, my stepmother took two bites and got up and grabbed paper and pen so i could jot it down. The only thing i changed was instead of using an onion, and a green pepper, i had some green onion that i chopped up instead. This had really great flavors, I served it with Fritos Scoops, and Wheat Thins. A keeper for sure.
You've got a real crowd pleaser here!! Instead of 1 large tomato, I used 1 medium red and 1 medium orange tomato, which made it very colorful! I am not sure why, but I opted not to use the lettuce. We really liked this and will be making it again! Thanks for the great recipe! :)
Awesome is the right word for this dip. It was sooo good. Everyone loved it and I didn't even have any green peppers to put in it. We ate it on crackers and on tortilla chips. I thought that is was best on the chips. Since it wasn't all eaten the first day, I heated it the second day so that the cheese would melt. That was really good too. Made this for Thanksgiving and not only got requests for the recipe, but have been asked to make it for the family Christmas too. Thanks sooo much for posting!