Recipe by Manda
Oh, you HAVE to try this one!! My family LOVES dips and spreads, and even the guys got really into this one. I even caught my uncle (who thinks guys are too "macho" for dips), eating it straight from the bowl with a spoon!! Best when made day of, and lettuce added just before serving. It gets soggy:(
Top Review by bratty
Wish I could give this more than 5 stars. This was so wonderful. And I had atleast 8 people ask me for the recipe, my stepmother took two bites and got up and grabbed paper and pen so i could jot it down. The only thing i changed was instead of using an onion, and a green pepper, i had some green onion that i chopped up instead. This had really great flavors, I served it with Fritos Scoops, and Wheat Thins. A keeper for sure.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crisp, cooled and drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper, to taste
- shredded lettuce (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, with mixer, blend sour cream, mayonnaise, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chopped onion and green pepper, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Crumble bacon into small pieces and add to mixture.
- Add chopped tomato and stir well.
- Garnish with shredded lettuce just before serving, if desired.
- Serve with Townhouse crackers or Wheat Thins.
- Also good served in a bread bowl with bread cubes to dip.