Fresh tomato, avocado, mushrooms and sprouts on grilled wheat bread topped with melted mozzarella! Deeelish! I had this at a local restaurant, it seemed so simple so I decided to try it at home. I make it at least once a week now it is my favorite, I'm not even a vegetarian. Do not saute' the mushrooms they are meant to eat fresh. It's AWSOME!
- Heat a large frying pan on medium.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, place buttered sides down in pan.
- Add 1-2 slices of cheese to one slice of bread and top with mushrooms.
- Cook until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
- Take off heat add sliced avocado, sprouts and tomatoes.
- Salt & pepper tomatoes.
- Spread a little mayo and mustard on inside of other piece of bread and place on top of tomatoes.
- Cut in half and ENJOY!
WOW!!! These were Sooooooo good!!!! I made these for dinner last night and my fiance absolutely loved them as did I. Thank you so much for posting this. I will absolutely be making these again. I didnt add the sprouts just because i didnt have them. But i had everything else. Thank you!!:)