Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Terrific with anything grilled, this slaw is easy to prepare, as well as delicious and beautiful. It's great for summer barbecues.
For The Dressing
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
For the Slaw
- 2 carrots, peeled,cut into matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded,cut into matchsticks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded,cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 5 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 8 green onions, cut into matchsticks
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- This can be made ahead and refrigerated for several days.
- Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature before tossing the slaw.
- In a large bowl, combine the slaw ingredients.
- Add dressing and toss to coat.
- Season and serve.
YUM! This slaw rocks!!! Made it today to go with fish tacos and it was outstanding. Subbed a tablespoon of sesame oil for one tbsp of vegetable oil to give it a bit more kick. Loved the peanutty dressing, which I think would also taste great on cold noodles. This is a keeper and you are right...perfect for summer barbeques. It makes a lot, too.
This was excellent! I made the full amount of the dressing, but I ended up only using about half of it because we like our slaw a little drier. Saved the rest for other salads and a stir-fry later in the week. I also used tahini in the dressing, but I forgot to cut back on the oil, so it was slightly greasy but not too bad. I also subbed 1 tbsp. sesame oil and 2 tbsp. chili oil for half of the vegetable oil called for. The chili oil gave it a slight zing without taking away from the nutty flavour. My husband ate 2 large helpings himself, which is unheard of with other traditional slaws! Thanks for the great recipe! I'll be using it often through the summer. :)
Amazing recipe. My husband said that this was the most amazing thing I have ever made. He wants me to make the sauce for dipping at least once a week. Warning....this is a lot of slaw.