I got this recipe from my local grocery store. Every Friday they have samples of food and homemade recipes and this was one of those dips I just went gaga for. I make this about once a month. It's a tad spicy but so good. If you don't want as much spiciness, reduce the amount of red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced in half length wise
- 1For Bread:.
- 2Pre-heat oven to 350.
- 3In a food processor blend the garlic, peppers, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, and spices until smooth.
- 4Add 3/4 cup of Parmesan and all the mozarella and pulse until well combined. Then add artichokes and pulse until just mixed.
- 5Hollow out 1/2" of the center of each half of the bread.
- 6Spread the artichoke mixture over each half.
- 7Add remaining Parmesan on top.
- 8Wrap in foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- 9Remove foil and bake until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- 10For Dip:.
- 11In a food processor blend the garlic, peppers, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, and spices until smooth.
- 12Mix all remaining ingredients including cream cheese mix into a small mini crock pot and cook on low until all cheeses are melted. ( You could also achieve the same effect by cooking on low on your stove top in a medium saucepan).
- 13Dip tortilla chips, bread, or vegetables in the dip.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Artichoke Bread Spread or Artichoke Dip
Serving Size: 1 (456 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2023.0
- Calories from Fat 791
- Total Fat 87.9 g
- Saturated Fat 43.2 g
- Cholesterol 231.2 mg
- Sodium 3585.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 225.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.5 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 87.1 g