Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very simple curry, quick to put together yet tasty.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon margarine (I use Smart Balance, it's healthy)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 medium apple, cored and cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 package cashews, lightly toasted
- Cook onion, garlic, and curry in margarine for a couple of minutes.
- Push mixture to one side of skillet and cook chicken for five or six minutes until pink is gone.
- Stir together chicken and onion mixture.
- Add preserve, apple, raisins, cashews, and 1/3 cups water or white wine.
- Mix yoghurt and cornstarch together and stir until there are no lumps.
- Then add it to the skillet and mix everything well.
- Let it all boil slowly for at least two minutes to get rid of the starchy flavor from the cornstarch.
- Plate it up over the base of your choice.
- Traditionally the base is rice.
- But try being daring and use angel hair pasta or toasted English muffins.
Could there possibly be a typo? 2 Tablespoons of cornstarch turned my sauce into a paste, and the starchy flavor remained despite additional simmering and adding more liquid (water/wine). I used to have this recipe and make it all the time, but have since misplaced the magazine (Fit Pregnancy). This is a delicious recipe; just need to adjust cornstarch. If I try again and make adjustments, I will repost. In the meantime, keep this in mind if you make it. I give 3 stars, because we were not able to enjoy it this way.
it was wonderful.