I especially like this recipe as it makes a 9x13 pan as opposed to a 9x9, which I find handy when I have some extra mouths to feed. I first made this instead of my usual smaller version, at Christmas when invited to my sisters for dinner,she already had pumpkin pie, so she asked for an apple crisp, everyone really enjoyed it, and the next time we were invited for dinner, guess what they wanted me to bring? ( original recipe did not call for lemon juice, but my other version does,so I add it out of habit I guess!)
- 2365.9 ml thinly sliced apples
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml flour
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml water (I may try omitting the water next time)
- 29.58 ml lemon juice (optional)
- 236.59 ml rolled oats
- 236.59 ml flour
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 1.23 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml melted butter
- Peel& slice your apples and place in bottom of 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Mix sugar, 1 tbsp.
- flour& cinnamon together and sprinkle over apples.
- Pour water evenly over all.
- (and lemon juice if using) Combine the toppping ingredients until crumbly and spread all over apples.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 mins.
- I serve topped with vanilla ice cream!