Recipe by Nicki2772
This is a VERY simple cake recipe and so good. I played around with some ingredients one night, and came up with this. It is a huge hit with my family and friends.
- 4 cups of chopped apples (approx 1/2-inch chunks)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray two 9" cake pans, or a 9" x 13" pan, with non-stick spray.
- Place apples in a large bowl.
- Combine flour, sugar, soda, powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg - add to apples.
- Mix vanilla and eggs, add to remaining ingredients.
- Divide batter evenly between two pans, bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
- Let cool in pans, slice and serve.