Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a VERY simple cake recipe and so good. I played around with some ingredients one night, and came up with this. It is a huge hit with my family and friends.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray two 9" cake pans, or a 9" x 13" pan, with non-stick spray.
- Place apples in a large bowl.
- Combine flour, sugar, soda, powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg - add to apples.
- Mix vanilla and eggs, add to remaining ingredients.
- Divide batter evenly between two pans, bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
- Let cool in pans, slice and serve.
Not enough liquid was a really dry mix and didn't rise at all. Maybe I did something wrong?