Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
This bread is so moist and flavorful that my kids even eat the ends, which for most quick breads I usually have to throw away. At Christmas, I make the mini loaves and give as gifts to my neighbors. The oil can be replaced with 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce. Still flavorful but not quite as moist. If possible, don't skip the walnuts, they really add to it.
Top Review by bbrock4
Delicious! I poured the batter into 5 mini loaf pans. 2 without nuts and 3 with walnuts. My family loved the ones without the nuts. My 17 year old son loved it, as well as my husband. :)
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups apples, diced
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine and set aside the oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- Sift flour, cinnamon, soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to oil mixture gradually.
- Add apples and nuts.
- Bake in 2 regular loaf pans or 3 foil loaf pans for 1 1/2 hours at 300 degrees.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan.
- Sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- Note: I bake it at 325 degrees for about 70 minutes.