Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 50 mins
This bread is so moist and flavorful that my kids even eat the ends, which for most quick breads I usually have to throw away. At Christmas, I make the mini loaves and give as gifts to my neighbors. The oil can be replaced with 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce. Still flavorful but not quite as moist. If possible, don't skip the walnuts, they really add to it.
- Combine and set aside the oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- Sift flour, cinnamon, soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to oil mixture gradually.
- Add apples and nuts.
- Bake in 2 regular loaf pans or 3 foil loaf pans for 1 1/2 hours at 300 degrees.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan.
- Sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- Note: I bake it at 325 degrees for about 70 minutes.
Delicious! I poured the batter into 5 mini loaf pans. 2 without nuts and 3 with walnuts. My family loved the ones without the nuts. My 17 year old son loved it, as well as my husband. :)
This was wonderful! I made it once as listed (no nuts) and once with half applesauce and half oil. Both times it came out great! Gone before it cools in this house. Neighbors keep asking me to make more. This will definitely be a Christmas gift this year.
Will make this again!! Like Bob, I also added rasins. I also thought of maybe adding a mashed banana to it next time.