Cook2 hrs 50 mins
This bread is so moist and flavorful that my kids even eat the ends, which for most quick breads I usually have to throw away. At Christmas, I make the mini loaves and give as gifts to my neighbors. The oil can be replaced with 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce. Still flavorful but not quite as moist. If possible, don't skip the walnuts, they really add to it.
- Combine and set aside the oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- Sift flour, cinnamon, soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to oil mixture gradually.
- Add apples and nuts.
- Bake in 2 regular loaf pans or 3 foil loaf pans for 1 1/2 hours at 300 degrees.
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan.
- Sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- Note: I bake it at 325 degrees for about 70 minutes.