1/10 Photos of Awesome and Easy Chicken Enchiladas (Reduced Fat)
This is a fantastic little recipe for sour cream and chicken enchiladas. I've seen some similar recipes posted at 'Zaar but not this exact one. This turns out perfect every single time. It's also easy to double the recipe so you can serve a larger group. I'm always asked for this recipe and it's so easy! It's very mild. If you like spicy/hot you could add some chopped jalapenos (see directions). Can make ahead and freeze - just take it out the night before to thaw in your refrigerator, then follow cooking instructions. *Prep and cooking times do not include cooking the chicken breasts.*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 (12 inch) flour tortillas (or 12 small)
- 3 cooked chicken breast halves, shredded (you could also try this using a cooked rotissiere chicken, I'm guessing you'll need approx. 3-4 cups)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Divide the shredded chicken, onions and 1 cup of the cheese equally into each tortilla. (This doesn't have to be exact or perfect here!).
- 3Roll them each tightly and place seam-side down into a greased (cooking spray) 9x13 baking dish.
- 4Prepare the sauce by combining soup, sour cream and green chilis (for a hotter recipe also add 1/4 cup finely chopped jalapenos).
- 5The sauce should be of a thick gravy-like consistency. You may need to add a little water to thin it out (I usually add about 1/2 a can of water to reconstitute the soup).
- 6Pour sauce over the rolled tortillas.
- 7Bake for about 20 minutes.
- 8Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese.
- 9Return to oven until the cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome and Easy Chicken Enchiladas (Reduced Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 927.0
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 110.8 mg
- Sodium 1468.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 51.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cream of chicken soup