Recipe by Carb Lover
This is a quick rich and yummy ambrosia. Made it just the other day for an anniversary at work and everyone loved it. Rich and creamy its a great dessert in the summertime. This recipe feeds anywhere for 12 to 20 depending on how hungry you are :) Cooking time is overnight in the fridge
Top Review by ladyfingers
My holiday salads are usually flops. Carb Lover's good directions guarantee this tasty ambrosia will turn out perfect. Everyone loved it. I agree with another reviewer--keep it simple yet delicious. That description describes this excellent ambrosia.
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple
- 2 (15 ounce) cans mandarin orange segments
- 1 cup maraschino cherry, -cut in halves can add more if you like
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (8 ounce) bag coconut (I use Bakers)
- 2 1⁄2 cups mini marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Strain your pineapple and orange segments to get rid of extra juice. (I sometimes press on top of friut lightly to help this). You want your fruit as drained as possible, runny ambrosia is yucky :) add the cherries.
- Then sprinkle about 2/3 of the vanilla pudding over your fuit, this adds flavor and also will help firm up the ambrosia.
- Next fold in the cool whip and the sour cream. Add the coconut, you can use more or less depending on how much you like coconut.
- Mix all together.
- Now I refrigerate overnight and then about 4 or 5 hours before you are ready to serve (in the morning is good)I add the marshmallows. This keeps them from getting too mushy. You can of course add them at the same time as the coconut. It's just a matter of preference.