Recipe by -Patrish
Betty Ann Richmond of Oklahoma City's award-winning custard base vanilla ice cream. (Cook time is chill time.)
- 5 large eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 5 cups milk ((approximately)
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2- or 3-quart saucepan, beat eggs until foamy.
- Add sugar, salt and 2 cups milk (in 1/2 cup of this milk mix in 1 tablespoon flour).
- Cook mixture on medium heat, stirring constantly for approximately 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Add whipping cream, vanilla and rest of milk to the fill line on a 1-gallon freezer can. Stir well. Freeze.