Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A rich, creamy casserole with popping flavor! I evolved this recipe from my mom's original, and won several awards with it when I was an Army wife. There are NEVER leftovers!
- 1 (1 lb) packageextra wide egg noodles
- 2 (5 ounce) cans chunk light tuna, in water- do not drain and flake well
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of broccoli soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons dried onion
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 dashes of the following
- garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil egg noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine ALL REMAINING INGREDIENTS EXCEPT THE SHREDDED CHEESE in extra large, deep bowl. I recommend thoroughly flaking the tuna FIRST in the bowl with a fork.
- Drain noodles when done to desired tenderness.
- Combine cooked noodles into the bowl of wet ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly by folding noodles in with a large spoon.
- Pour mixture into 13 X 9 inch casserole dish, or smaller if you prefer a thicker casserole.
- Top evenly with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
This was super! Both my husband and 2nd grader (who is finicky!) absolutely loved it! Tons of flavor. I didn't have the soups listed so I used 2 cans of cream of chicken and would use that again since it turned out so tasty. I also added peas and chopped carrots! My husband said to definitely save this recipe and make it again on a regular basis!