Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great easy weeknight meal!
Make and share this Award Winning Taco Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups shredded cheese (mexican blend, or cheddar works well)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- Brown ground beef with garlic and onion in a large skillet. Drain excess fat.
- Add taco seasoning, tomatoes and tomato sauce. Simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minutes to let flavors blend.
- Meanwhile, blend Jiffy cornbread mix with egg and milk. Batter will be slightly lumpy. Pour cornbread batter into greased 9 x 9 square baking dish.
- Add corn to meat mixture and blend well. Spoon meat mixture over the top of cornbread batter.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake at 350º for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and salsa.