nadia murray's Note:
This is a recipe I originally got from cookierecipe.com and modified slightly it to suit our tastes. I was intrigued by the idea of using pudding mix in cookies and the texture is really good. I have substituted butterscotch or coconut cream pudding mix for the vanilla- just about any flavor would work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or half milk chocolate chips)
- 1 (10 ounce) package toffee pieces or 2 cups chopped nuts
- 1preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Sift together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 3Cream together butter, shortening and sugars.
- 4Beat in the pudding mix until well blended.
- 5Add the eggs and vanilla.
- 6Blend in the flour mixture and stir in the chocolate chips and toffee bits, or nuts.
- 7Drop by rounded spoonfuls (I use a cookie scoop) onto ungreased or parchment lined cookie sheets.
- 8Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown around the edges and soft in the center.
- 9Allow to cool on sheets for a few minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Award Winning Soft Chocolate Chip Toffee Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (2793 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.1
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 109.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 1.7 g