Recipe by Abby Girl
I got this recipe from a well known Vancouver barbecue chef/author/firefighter, David Veljacic. He has won many awards for this recipe....try it and you will see why!!
- 1 -3 lb salmon fillet, deboned
- 6 large garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine garlic and salt and grind into a paste. Combine the garlic, parsley, dried tomatoes and olive oil in a bowl; blending all ingredients. Chill until ready for use.
- With a sharp knife, cut two lengthwise slits in the salmon fillet, dividing the surface of the fish into thirds. Cut to the skin, but not through it.
- Preheat grill.
- Spread half the garlic mixture over the fillet and into the slits. Place the fish on grill and barbecue over a medium heat. Close the lid and grill for 15 minutes.
- Spread the remaining garlic mixture on the fillet. Close the lid, turning the temperature to high and grill 10 minutes more, or until fish flakes when tested.
- Remove the fish from the grill.