1/6 Photos of Award Winning Pineapple Preserves
I needed some pineapple preserves to make Ang1102's Empanadas De Pina (Pineapple). No problem I thought, I'll just pick some up at my corner store. No luck, They didn't have any so I thought no problem, I'll just get a recipe off of zaar. No luck!, I went on a search and was attracted to this recipe because it only uses 2 ingredients and looked easy. Boy did I get lucky with this one! From Food Down Under. EDIT: Thanks to Diana, I was able to change the title to award winning! Check her review for making these preserves even better!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1Bring pineapple and sugar to a boil in a large saucepan and cook 20 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened or until the temperature reaches 220F on a thermometer (this is the jelling stage at sea level).
- 2Pour immediately into hot sterilized jars; wipe rims with a clean cloth, place lids and screw on bands fingertip-tight.
- 3Process jars in a water-bath canner for 5 minutes.
- 4Place jars on a clean towel.
- 5Cover with towel to prevent drafts and let cool undisturbed for 24 hours.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Award Winning Pineapple Preserves
Serving Size: 1 (967 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 944.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 244.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 240.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g