1/6 Photos of Award Winning Pineapple Preserves
I needed some pineapple preserves to make Ang1102's Empanadas De Pina (Pineapple). No problem I thought, I'll just pick some up at my corner store. No luck, They didn't have any so I thought no problem, I'll just get a recipe off of zaar. No luck!, I went on a search and was attracted to this recipe because it only uses 2 ingredients and looked easy. Boy did I get lucky with this one! From Food Down Under. EDIT: Thanks to Diana, I was able to change the title to award winning! Check her review for making these preserves even better!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1Bring pineapple and sugar to a boil in a large saucepan and cook 20 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened or until the temperature reaches 220F on a thermometer (this is the jelling stage at sea level).
- 2Pour immediately into hot sterilized jars; wipe rims with a clean cloth, place lids and screw on bands fingertip-tight.
- 3Process jars in a water-bath canner for 5 minutes.
- 4Place jars on a clean towel.
- 5Cover with towel to prevent drafts and let cool undisturbed for 24 hours.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Award Winning Pineapple Preserves
Serving Size: 1 (967 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 944.2
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 244.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 240.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g