I needed some pineapple preserves to make Ang1102's Empanadas De Pina (Pineapple). No problem I thought, I'll just pick some up at my corner store. No luck, They didn't have any so I thought no problem, I'll just get a recipe off of zaar. No luck!, I went on a search and was attracted to this recipe because it only uses 2 ingredients and looked easy. Boy did I get lucky with this one! From Food Down Under. EDIT: Thanks to Diana, I was able to change the title to award winning! Check her review for making these preserves even better!
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Bring pineapple and sugar to a boil in a large saucepan and cook 20 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened or until the temperature reaches 220F on a thermometer (this is the jelling stage at sea level).
- Pour immediately into hot sterilized jars; wipe rims with a clean cloth, place lids and screw on bands fingertip-tight.
- Process jars in a water-bath canner for 5 minutes.
- Place jars on a clean towel.
- Cover with towel to prevent drafts and let cool undisturbed for 24 hours.