Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from The Best of Mexico cookbook. It won first place at my work site last year during our annual Cinco Day Mayo salsa and guacamole competition. Wear gloves when you chop the Serrano chilies. There is not a lot of lime juice in this recipe so prepare it as close to serving time as possible to avoid browning.
- 2 Hass avocadoes
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup plum tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons serrano chilies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse salt (to taste)
- Cut avocados in half and remove pits.
- Scoop the avocado into a bowl and coarsely mash.
- Add the onions, tomatoes, Serrano chili, lime juice, and salt.
- Stir to combine.
- Press plastic wrap down tightly on top of the guacamole until ready to serve to prevent the avocado from turning brown.
Wow! This is so yummy. I needed some guacamole for Mexican Flag Tacos. DH and I normally don't eat it cuz we find it has no flavor...but this is packed full of it. We loved the serrano and cilantro in this recipe cuz it added a nice touch of heat and the flavor we enjoy. Thanks for posting this. It will be our chosen guacamole dish in the future. :)
I saw that my ZWT5 Teammate, MuffinGoddess liked this, so I decided to try it. :) Well, I did have four avocados that were perfectly ripe, too! I'm really glad I did, too, because this is a wonderful guacamole! All of the elements I love are there - serranos, juicy ripe plum tomatoes, lime juice, and I used a super sweet onion. Oh, and I did put in a minced garlic clove, for good measure. Fantastic! Made for ZWT5, for Las Mistico Magico Sirenas!
Yum! This is an EXCELLENT take on "guac" and I served this with Pico De Gallo to go with Chorizo Taquitos and it was a good choice since all went together perfectly! Made by a Saucy Senorita for ZWT5. Thanks for sharing!