Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from the California Avocado website. It is delicious...a very nice style guacamole!
- 15 medium ripe avocados, seeded and peeled
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 5 green chilies, diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- In a large mixing bowl, coarsely mash avocados, leaving some chunks.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix to blend.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
@Caroline Cooks: Just to make it official -- by all standards here in the states along the Mexico border, the verdict is unanimous: No mayo in guacamole. Never. Not. Ever. It's no more fitting than putting mayo in a spaghetti sauce.
Delicious! I scaled back the recipe using 1 avocado and eyeballed the rest of the ingredients. Loved it! Thank you Diva Charmie@=!
Great mix of flavors. Never added cheese to guacamole before. It made it more creamy. Made for ZWT8.