My mom's award-winning corn pie! This is such a GREAT variation on traditional corn side dishes. This recipe is ALWAYS requested, so be prepared. Don't skimp on the cracker crumbs - I go heavy on them in the recipe - and this is truly the best when you use butter-flavored crackers (Club crackers or similar) - just not the same w/ saltine-type crackers. Enjoy this! I usually always double this recipe and make two pies, 'cuz everyone takes seconds (and thirds!) This also is simple to make ahead, then just bake when you're ready - perfect for after church or when you're in a hurry!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine crumbs and melted butter, reserving 1/2 cup of crumbs for topping.
- 2Line a 9" pie pan with remaining crumbs.
- 3Combine 2 T butter, 1 cup milk, corn and salt.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat and cook 3 minutes.
- 6Add flour to remaining 1/4 cup milk; mix to a smooth paste.
- 7Add slowly to hot corn/milk mixture, stirring constantly.
- 8Cook 2-3 minutes, or until thick.
- 9Cool slightly.
- 10Add onion salt, then add eggs slowly, stirring constantly.
- 11Pour into crumb-lined pie pan.
- 12Sprinkle remaining crumbs over top.
- 13Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Award-Winning Corn Pie
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.5
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 128.4 mg
- Sodium 513.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g