3 hrs 50 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
This is an award winning (Best In Show) recipe that a friend of mine won with. It's super yummy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a microwave or double broiler, melt unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup (6 oz.) chocolate chips, and butter; cool for 10 minutes.
- 2In a mixing bowl, beat sugar and eggs for two minutes. Beat in vanilla and the cooled chocolate mixture.
- 3Combine dry ingredients (except confectioners sugar); beat into chocolate mixture.
- 4Stir in remaining chocolate chips.
- 5Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
- 6Remove 1 cup of dough. With lightly floured hands, roll into 1" balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- 7Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly puffed and set. Cool on baking sheet 3-4 minutes before moving to wire rack to cool completely.
- 8Repeat with remaining dough.
- 9Dust with confectioners sugar.
- 10(If you want to save time and skip the chilling step, unchilled dough can be dropped directly into mini-muffin tins and baked for about the same length of time.
- 11**Cook and chill time are combined.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Award Winning Chocolate Truffle Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.2
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.0 mg
- Sodium 149.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 38.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g