Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
This is an award winning (Best In Show) recipe that a friend of mine won with. It's super yummy!!
Make and share this Award Winning Chocolate Truffle Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- In a microwave or double broiler, melt unsweetened chocolate, 1 cup (6 oz.) chocolate chips, and butter; cool for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat sugar and eggs for two minutes. Beat in vanilla and the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Combine dry ingredients (except confectioners sugar); beat into chocolate mixture.
- Stir in remaining chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Remove 1 cup of dough. With lightly floured hands, roll into 1" balls. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly puffed and set. Cool on baking sheet 3-4 minutes before moving to wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.
- (If you want to save time and skip the chilling step, unchilled dough can be dropped directly into mini-muffin tins and baked for about the same length of time.
- **Cook and chill time are combined.
I took these to church tonight. They were gone really fast. Someone told me they were delicious. I wished they made more in the batch. I will definetly double the recipe next time.
I used bittersweet chips instead and added liquer. I recommend chilling - I couldn't get them out of the muffin tin and the texture is much better after chilled.
I thought these were OK - but not great. I got a resounding 'so-so' by all of my 'guinea pigs'.