1/10 Photos of Award Winning Chili
2 hrs 15 mins
My husband and I created this recipe together. He won a chili cook-off with this recipe at work. We always use venison, but you can use ground beef or turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground venison or 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes (like Rotel)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (smoked if you can find it)
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1Cook ground meat with onions and peppers in dutch oven.
- 2Drain excess grease and add tomatoes, seasonings, and water, bring to a boil.
- 3Add beans, cover and simmer 1-2 hours.
- 4Serve with toppings.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Award Winning Chili
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.5
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 60.5 mg
- Sodium 1355.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 26.9 g