Recipe by pjr6519
Beef Stroganoff is a recipe that has been around for a long time. I have seen several recipes for stroganoff that are similar and are equally delicious. However, I have come up with a modified version of the original Beef Stroganoff recipe.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
My other half has been wanting me to make beef stroganoff for a long time now, & I kept putting it off until now! I did cut the recipe in half for just the 2 of us, & since I'm not a big fan of cooked mushrooms, I did lessen the impact of them by chopping them up pretty well instead of just slicing them! Other than that, I followed the recipe right on down & must say that we had a great tasting dinner with this dish ~ Flavorful & satisfying! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]
- 2 lbs of cubed diced stewing beef
- 1 lb fresh egg noodles
- 3 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 Spanish onions, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup beef bouillon
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet add butter, diced onion until butter begins to sizzle, turn temperature down to simmer and allow onion to sauté. After 3 minutes add sliced mushrooms and allow to simmer an additional 8 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl add bullion, sour cream, flour, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper, mix all ingredients together well. Add sautéed onion and butter from skillet.
- Place diced beef cubes in skillet, add an additional 2 tablespoons butter, 1 cup red wine and allow to simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until browned and tender.
- Add beef cubes and wine mixture to other ingredients and mix well. Add all beef and sauce that you prepared into a large pot and heat for 10 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to directions. Place noodles on large serving dish put beef and sauce on top of noodles, garnish with additional parsley and serve.