Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Beef Stroganoff is a recipe that has been around for a long time. I have seen several recipes for stroganoff that are similar and are equally delicious. However, I have come up with a modified version of the original Beef Stroganoff recipe.
- 2 lbs of cubed diced stewing beef
- 1 lb fresh egg noodles
- 3 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 Spanish onions, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup beef bouillon
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup red wine
- In large skillet add butter, diced onion until butter begins to sizzle, turn temperature down to simmer and allow onion to sauté. After 3 minutes add sliced mushrooms and allow to simmer an additional 8 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl add bullion, sour cream, flour, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper, mix all ingredients together well. Add sautéed onion and butter from skillet.
- Place diced beef cubes in skillet, add an additional 2 tablespoons butter, 1 cup red wine and allow to simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until browned and tender.
- Add beef cubes and wine mixture to other ingredients and mix well. Add all beef and sauce that you prepared into a large pot and heat for 10 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to directions. Place noodles on large serving dish put beef and sauce on top of noodles, garnish with additional parsley and serve.
My other half has been wanting me to make beef stroganoff for a long time now, & I kept putting it off until now! I did cut the recipe in half for just the 2 of us, & since I'm not a big fan of cooked mushrooms, I did lessen the impact of them by chopping them up pretty well instead of just slicing them! Other than that, I followed the recipe right on down & must say that we had a great tasting dinner with this dish ~ Flavorful & satisfying! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]