Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Posted for ZWT6 North Africa/Middle East leg of tour. This is a Lebanese dish. Cooking time includes rising time.
- First make the Syrup and chill.
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature; chill in refrigerator.
- Boil potatoes until tender. Drain well and mash.
- Add the flour, yeast and enough water to make a soft dough. Knead until well combined. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and allow to rise in a warm area away from drafts for about an hour.
- Using a spoon, take up a small amount of dough and drop into hot oil. Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Drop into syrup. Remove and enjoy!