Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Recipe from Rick Browne's Barbecue America TV Cookbook
Make and share this Aw Shucks Grilled Corn recipe from Food.com.
- Soak the corn in salt water for several hours to get the shucks moist. (Add 2 Tbs. salt to 1 gallon of water).
- In a medium bowl combine mayonnaise, butter, sugar, lime juice, chili, garlic and pepper until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Grill the corn, with the shucks intact, over hot coals or high gas burners on the grill, turning frequently, until done, about 30 minutes. The shucks will often turn dark/black but will protect the corn.
- Peel the shucks back, one at a time, until most of the corn is exposed and then remove the silk. With a pastry brush lavishly coat the corn with the spiced mayonnaise-butter mixture.
- Serve with shucks tied together like a handle.
Yummy! I loved the flavor and used the eaten cobs to soak up the rest of the juice and sucked the juice right out of the cob! Thanks Nimz!
I was just sure I'd love this recipe from reading the other reviews, but I just didn't care for the butter/mayo. I really did enjoy the corn prepared this way versus the way I normally do grilled corn so I consider this a success for that alone. I followed the recipe exactly as indicated, but just did not care for that combination of flavors with the corn. ... Sorry, ~Nimz~.