Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Easy, cheesy fig, tomato and Parma ham rolls are luscious on the lips, but light on the hips!
- 6 large egg tomatoes
- 1 pinch salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large ripe figs
- 3 1⁄2 ounces soft light cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Cut the tomatoes in half, season with salt and pepper, drizzle with 2 to 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and grill for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Peel the figs and discard the skin. Cut the figs in half.
- Mix the cheese and chives together and add a tablespoon of the extra virgin olive oil. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place a slice of ham lengthways on a chopping board and place half a fig at one end. Put a teaspoon of the soft cheese mixture on top of the fig and then place half a tomato on the cheese. Very gently roll the figs, cheese and tomato into the Parma Ham.
- Place three Avvoltini on each plate. Drizzle on some extra virgin olive oil and honey and serve immediately with some toasted bread.