1/3 Photos of Avonutty Sushi
The best peanuts to use for this are the cheap oily ones. I haven't tried this with other nuts but I guess that would work just as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the rice
- 236.59 ml cooked sushi rice (I recommend Minado's Perfect Sushi Rice)
For the filling
- 1Bash the peanuts in a pestle and mortar or bash in a bag with a rolling pin until they are of medium size pieces.
- 2If you have a sushi rolling mat lay it on the table, otherwise lay a clean tea towel down and cover it with cling film.
- 3Lay a sheet of nori on top shiny side down, if it is untoasted you may wish to briefly pass it through a flame. And place a layer of sushi rice on top. For thin sushi layer about 1/8 inch thick and for fat rolls layer about 1/4 - 1/2 think. Leaving a gap of around 1 inch at each side.
- 4Place a line of the avocado slices 1 inch from the edge of the rice. lay the crushed peanuts on top.
- 5Starting at the edge roll up like a swiss roll keep the rolling a tight as possible using the sushi mat/towel to aid the process. When you reach the end moisten the remaining edge with water and stick down. Roll up in the towel and allow to sit while you make the rest.
- 6Using a wet, sharp knife slice into 1/2 inch thick slices. Remove the ends and eat. Place the rest on a platter and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avonutty Sushi
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.3
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 119.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 4.7 g