Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted for ZWT2/Africa. This is an appetizer with flavors from Senegal.
- 2 large avocados, peeled (or 3 small)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 4 cups cooked chickpeas or 4 cups black-eyed peas
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 8 tablespoons chopped Spanish onions
- 4 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 24 large shrimp, cooked
- parsley or watercress
- In a 2 qt bowl mash 2 large, peeled avocados with lemon juice and yogurt.
- To serve place 1 cup shredded lettuce on salad plate.
- Arrange 1/2 cup cooked chick peas or black eyed peas in center.
- Cover peas with 3 to 4 tbls of avocado mixture.
- Arrange 2 slices of tomato and chopped onion on side of avocado.
- Place egg pieces and pimiento on plate.
- Arrange 3 large cooked shrimp on top of avocado mixture.
- Garnish with 1 or 2 sprigs of parsley or watercress.