katie in the UP's Note:
Posted for ZWT2/Africa. This is an appetizer with flavors from Senegal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large avocados, peeled (or 3 small)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 head lettuce, shredded
- 4 cups cooked chickpeas or 4 cups black-eyed peas
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 8 tablespoons chopped Spanish onions
- 4 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 24 large shrimp, cooked
- 1In a 2 qt bowl mash 2 large, peeled avocados with lemon juice and yogurt.
- 2To serve place 1 cup shredded lettuce on salad plate.
- 3Arrange 1/2 cup cooked chick peas or black eyed peas in center.
- 4Cover peas with 3 to 4 tbls of avocado mixture.
- 5Arrange 2 slices of tomato and chopped onion on side of avocado.
- 6Place egg pieces and pimiento on plate.
- 7Arrange 3 large cooked shrimp on top of avocado mixture.
- 8Garnish with 1 or 2 sprigs of parsley or watercress.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocat Aux Crevettes Senegaliaises (Avocado Stuffed W/Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.0
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 138.6 mg
- Sodium 447.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 15.9 g