Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from "Cuisines of Portuguese Encounters", in which the author gives the recipes for things she has sampled in Portugal and its former colonies. I haven't made it yet.
- 2 large avocados (ripe)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna
- 1⁄2 cup freshly-grated coconut (or fresh frozen)
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lemons, quartered
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and plulp; don't tear the shells.
- Cut the pulp into small pieces. Put in a bowl. Add tuna, grated coconut (except 1 T.), evaporated milk and tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Stuff the shells with the tuna filling. Sprinkle with the remaining grated coconut. Serve with lemon quarters on the side.