Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A light, healthy, chilled summer soup--the only fat comes from the avocado.
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 avocado
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 roma tomato, diced for garnish
- 4 sprigs Italian parsley (to garnish)
- Combine zucchini, broth, avocado (soft & ripe, pitted, peeled and cut into chunks) and onion in blender or food processor. Puree.
- Stir in sour cream, lemon juice, salt, white pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Refrigerate, covered, until thoroughly chilled.
- Garnish each serving with sprinkles of diced tomatoes and sprigs of Italian parsley. (Can garnish with extra slices of fresh avocado, if desired.).
- Serve with a fine loaf of bread for a great summer lunch.
- ("Cooking time" is chilling time. If you use all your ingredients right from the fridge, you might not need to chill it.).
This was great!! I'd never made something like this before, but I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to make it again.