1/4 Photos of Avocado Wrapped in Prosciutto
Adapted from BHG "Holiday Appetizers" magazine. The dressing can be made ahead and kept in the fridge, but don't prepare the avocados until just before serving or they will turn brown.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Combine oil,lemon juice,garlic, oregano, and pepper in a container with a tight lid (such as a jar) and set aside.
- 2Cut avocados into halves, remove pit, and peel each half carefully.
- 3Slice each avocado half into 4 wedges and wrap a proscuitto strip around each in the center.
- 4Shake the dressing if the ingredients have settled and test for flavor-adjust seasonings if needed (although proscuitto is often very salty- be careful not to add salt unless you really like things very salty).
- 5Set on a serving platter and drizzle with some of the dressing (as much or as little as desired).
- 6Serve immediately as avocados brown quickly once cut.
Browse Our Top Summer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Wrapped in Prosciutto
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.2
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: