Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found online; originally posted by Better Homes and Gardens.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh oregano
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 1⁄2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 8 strips
- For dressing, in a small screw-top jar, combine olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, and pepper. Cover and shake well. Set aside.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise; remove the seed.
- Peel avocado halves and cut each into four wedges.
- Wrap one strip of prosciutto around each wedge of avocado.
- Arrange wedges on a serving plate.
- Shake dressing well; drizzle over wedges.
- Make-Ahead Tip:
- Prepare dressing as directed. Chill for up to 2 days. Shake well before using.
I selected this recipe especially for my DH who is an extreme avocado fan. He loved this. My avocados could have used another day to ripen, but this turned out quite fine. Will definitely make it again, very easy to put together and made my man happy. Made for Fall Photo Tag, September 2010!