Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Hot salty bacon dresses cool creamy avocado in this tasty recipe.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 2 tomatoes, skinned, diced
- 1 tablespoon grainy honey mustard (or mix a little honey with grainy mustard)
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chives, snipped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 avocados, peeled, sliced in half
- Fry the bacon until crispy then add the shallots and tomato to the pan and cook for five minutes.
- Add the honey mustard, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, chives, and seasoning.
- Stir well and, whilst still hot, pour over the avocado halves.
- Serve immediately.