Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very simple to make salad from Ghana with really complex flavors. Make it as spicy as you like by using hot instead of sweet paprika and upping the cayenne.
- 2 avocados, ripe
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (sweet or hot(to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- cayenne (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- chives, fresh, as a garnish
- Peel the avocados, remove the pit and cube the flesh.
- Place in a bowl with lemon juice.
- Grind the peanuts so you have small chunks.
- Sprinkle the nuts and spices over the avocado and toss gently.
- Garnish with chopped chives.
Edible but not great. Maybe I didn't have good ingredients or didn't do something right.
This is what I love about ZWT... being introduced to flavor combinations that are new to me. This made a nice afternoon snack. Thank you Chef Kate.
Wow! What a quick little treat to whip up! The cinnamon, cayenne and paprika worked so well together. I love avocados and I'm happy to have a new exciting way to enjoy them Thanx!