Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this! I found it in Martha Stewart Living April 2002.
Make and share this Avocado with Grapefruit and Sweet-Onion Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- coarse salt
- 2 avocados, cut in half,pitted and peeled (cut avocados just before serving to keep them from discoloring)
- Cut off both ends of grapefruits, and remove the peel, pith, and outer membranes, following the curve of the fruit with a pairing knife.
- Working over a bowl to catch the juices, use the knife to carefully slice between the sections and membranes of each grapefruit to remove the segments.
- Slice each grapefruit segment into small pieces, and set aside.
- Place onion in a small bowl.
- Squeeze remaining juice from grapefruit membranes over onions, and let stand 20 minutes to soften.
- Pour off and discard juice, and add grapefruit segments and cilantro.
- Add enough reserved grapefruit juice to moisten.
- Season with salt.
- To serve, place 3 to 4 tablespoons on each of the avocado halves.