Delicious and so pretty to look at too! Served in the shell, this makes for a great light salad for parties, lunches, and at home! From Whole Living, January/February 2012.
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch cayenne
- coarse salt
- 1 ripe avocado, halved and seeded
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, diced (or red or green)
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro, plus leaves for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lime juice, garlic, and cayenne. Season with salt.
- Scoop out meat from avocado halves and chop. Transfer to a bowl and add bell pepper, tomatoes, scallion, and cilantro.
- Drizzle with dressing and season with salt. Gently stir to combine. Spoon mixture into avocado shells. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Made this especially for DH - he loved it and said it was "perfect recovery food" after his workout. I loved it because it took about a whole 5 minutes to create and I could serve it in its own "bowl"! I served this with soup and sammies! Great recipe Sharon - thanks for posting. Made for ZWT8 and the Herbaceous Curvaceous Honeys!