Recipe by Tugar357
Created for my wife who is not a fan of Garbanzo beans. This is super easy to make and quite tasty.
Top Review by Abby Girl
I was following a recipe that I had found in Pintrest. What tweeked my interest was that you could make this into a Layered Greek Dip with the hummus as the base! The hummus was lacking in the taste department and needed fixing...so I found this recipe and adapted my recipe to this one. I used 1 whole lime juice instead of lemon. upped my garlic and added more salt and pepper. The addition of tahini was the kicker! My recipe was "ho-hum"...this recipe rocked! I will come back to this one again! P.S. I really didn't notice the difference between white beans and the more traditional chick pea as far as taste was concerned. Both would be equally delicious!!! I served this with Olive Oil and Sea Salt Pita Chips
- 16 ounces white beans
- 1 medium avocado, halved, pitted, and flesh removed
- 3 -5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain white beans and set liquid aside to balance consistency at the end.
- Combine remaining ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Blend until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- Serve immediately with fresh, warm or toasted pita bread, corn chips, or cover and refrigerate. I plan on trying it over pasta with some shredded chicken.