Recipe by mersaydees
Based on a recipe from Pam Spaude’s & Jan Owan-McMenamin, R.D.’s cookbook, One Year of Healthy, Hearty & Simple One-Dish Meals. They recommend serving this with a cantaloupe melon for a refreshing and nutritious meal. We often enjoy this for lunch.
Top Review by breezermom
I was very intrigued by this recipe! Love avocado, love horseradish, love tuna! Tasting it off the bread (Pita), I wasn't sure I liked it, but after putting it on my sandwich thins, I really enjoyed it. I think I'll add a little mayo next time to hold it together and keep it from falling apart, but that will mess up the low cal aspect :) Thanks for sharing!
- 6 ounces tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 cup avocado, very ripe and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon horseradish
- 2 (6 inch) whole wheat pita bread, halved