Recipe by Bergy
So easy to make and so tasty - recipe by Mrs. Dash®, tweaking by Bergy. The color contrast between the avocado & the tomato is lovely. Do not mash the avocado to far in advance of serving they will discolor. The lime juice help prevent discoloring but also keep the pit in the mixture and tightly cover keeping as much air as possible away from the mashed avocado. Enjoy
- 1 tablespoon mrs dash garlic and herb seasoning or 1 tablespoon other herb garlic seasoning
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce or 3⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise or 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 20 small round tortilla chips
- 10 cherry tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, pit& mash the avocado- keep the pit to place in the mixture to help keep it from browning.
- Add spice, lime juice& Tabasco to the avocado.
- Mix well.
- Cover& chill until ready to serve.
- Spread the avocado mixture on the 20 tortilla chips.
- Slice cherry tomatoes and place a slice on each chip.