Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this up one afternoon for lunch. We had no sandwich meat in the house and I wanted avocado. So I looked here on recipe Zaar for a good recipe. I found some toppings that go well with avocados and then experimented from there. My grandma uses a similar sauce for taco salad. So this is ideas collected into a delicious spring lunch.
- 1 pita bread, toasted, cut in half
- 4 slices avocados
- 2 slices tomatoes
- cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
- Toast and cut in half the pita.
- Mix the mayo, lemon juice, sugar and salt and pepper.
- Put the mayo dressing in each half of the pita and some cheese in as well.
- Then put one tomato slice in each half and 2 avocado slices.
- Serve with fresh fruit.