1/6 Photos of Avocado-Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich
I LOVE avocados, especially the black Haas avocados. They're creamy and have such a "buttery" taste, and yet are cholesterol-free. This recipe makes a really delicious sandwich. When I make it for the kids, I eliminate the cumin, but add it when I'm making a sandwich for myself -- I like cumin's very mild spicy flavor that has a hint of caraway in it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, mash together avocado, lemon juice, cumin and salt until smooth. Stir in parsley and set aside.
- 2Top four of the bread slices with cheese; spread with avocado mixture and top with tomato slices. Add the four remaining bread slices on top. Using 1 tablespoon of the softened butter, spread some on the top of each sandwich.
- 3Heat a large nonstick griddle or 12-inch skillet, over medium-high heat. Add sandwiches, buttered sides down. Carefully spread the remaining softened butter over the top of each sandwich.
- 4Cook 4-6 minutes or until toasted, turning once.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado-Tomato Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.8
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 55.4 mg
- Sodium 699.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 16.4 g