Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a simple, refreshing raita for summer. It can be served with an Indian meal or alongside a grilled chicken/fish/meat and a selection of vegetables. Avocado for the raita should be on the firm side and not soggy.
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and flesh chopped into small cubes
- 1 tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and chopped into small cubes
- 1 -2 green chili, sliced thinly (adjust to taste)
- 1⁄2 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups yogurt
- 3 dashes fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon roasted cumin, coarsely powdered (roast cumin seeds in a dry wok and grind in a mortar)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- Place all of the ingredients together in a bowl, saving half of the chilli powder and cumin powder for garnish.
- Place in a serving dish and sprinkle saved chilli and cumin powders.
- Serve chilled.