Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy and pretty, not to mention delicious! Adapted from an avocado website.
- 12 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 1⁄3 lbs avocados, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 lb tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- salt, as needed
- balsamic vinegar, as needed
- baby greens, as needed
- hot chili oil, as needed
- In a 3-inch ring mold, layer 1/4 cup mozzarella, 1/3 cup avocado and 1/4 cup tomato.
- Repeat in remaining ring molds.
- Using a spatula, slide each mold onto a rack over a sheet pan to drain; refrigerate until serving.
- Place baby greens on plates, invert ring mold onto salads.
- Place balsamic vinegar and chili oil on table to pass around. Enjoy!
Sharon, your recipes are always perfect! This was no exception. I didn't have ring molds either, just cut everything into tiny pieces of about the same size and placed them on top of mixed baby greens and drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. (no chili oil) I also scaled this down for one, so I used 3 oz mozzerella, 1 tomato, and 1 avocado. I wanted to lick my plate clean it was so good! :) What a great balance of flavors and colors - and ingredients to make a very well balanced light meal for a lunch. A definite keeper - thank you SO much for sharing!
This is a wonderful salad. I had trouble with the tower part, I tried with the cheese on the top and then again with the cheese on the bottom it seemed to work better with the cheese on the bottom. I did squeeze fresh lime juice over the avocado. The balsamic vinegar and the hot chili oil tasted great together. I served over baby greens. For a special occasion I will make the tower again but just for a quick salad I would just toss all the ingredients together and serve. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Made for the Hot, Spicy and Tasty event in the photo forum.
This is a wonderful salad; quick and delicious. I did not make it as a tower as I do not have the molds. I will invest in the molds and make it the way the recipe calls for next time. I served on som baby spinach as a salad with Flanksteak