Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
An appetizer that is quick to go together and very tasty as well. I make 1/2 a recipe at a time in the toaster oven.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 slices French baguettes
- 1⁄2 avocado, very ripe
- garlic salt, to taste
- black pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Brush olive oil on slices of bread and toast for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove toast and cool slightly. Using small butter knife, spread avocado, like butter, onto each bread slice. Season each slice with garlic salt and pepper.
- Cut tomato in half and slice down in 1/2 moon slices, 5 slices per half.
- Place on top of seasoned avocado bread slice.
- Cut fresh mozzarella the same way as tomato, yielding 20 slices. Place on top of tomato.
- Put under the broiler for an additional 3 minutes, until cheese in melted.
It's really good but something was missing. Maybe fresh basil added to it would be great. Thanks KelBel :) Made for Holiday tag
i love this but i would love it even more if i could get better directions for the bread as i bake all my breads myself. I used a light bread for this but i will try to find a recipe for french baguettes for the next time i make this. Thank you for sharing.
This was very nice. Loved the addition of the avocado spread. I added sliced red onion to give it a little more flavor. Thanks