Recipe by Chris MC.
Low fat, vegan dessert that is surprisingly decadent and velvety. Sure to please all palates. Got the idea after eating some mint chocolate chip ice cream and thought how could I make a nice dessert that tasted similar without all the fat. My friend is allergic to eggs and regular whole milk so she was excited when she tried this for the first time. Now she can enjoy something so tasty and delicious as well as healthy. Make note* you can use any milk substitute like almond,coconut,lactaid, 1% 2% or whole milk. I had soy milk in house and since it was for my friend who is a non meat eater and is allergic to some food products, Soy is what I used. Pistachios are optional of course. Good luck and enjoy.
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm tofu
- 3 avocados
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, for topping (optional for nut allergy of course!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Open package of tofu and empty contents into blender ( even the liquid from packaging). Slowly add in milk ( you may need to add more or less depending on the texture at the time. We want to blend until thick and creamy, but no lumps. IT should be like thick cream and not white water.
- Put chocolate into a glass mixing bowl and place into microwave. put in microwave for 30 seconds and stir chocolate. repeat 2-3 more times until melted.
- Cut open and empty avocados into food processor. Add in the sugar to the avocados and process for 1 minute.
- mix all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Add in the 3 drops of green food dye and keep mixing until everything is a nice green avocado color.
- take some pistachios and place into a coffee grinder, food processor or blender so they are small for toppings size.
- after all ingredients are mixed, place into ramekins or place whole mixture into pie crust. Top with pistachios and let chill for at least 5 hours.
- the longer and colder the better but, do not freeze.
- For an added bonus, stir in extra whole white chocolate chips :).