Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use as a Dip, Dressing, or top a Taco Salad
- 2 avocados, peeled and deseeded
- 2 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄4 lb silken tofu
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chopped jalapeno
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh cilantro or 1⁄2 cup fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- pepper (to season)
- Place the avocado, tomatoes, tofu, lime, garlic, onion, jalapeno, herbs into food processor with metal blade and blend till pureed.
- Combine the water to processor while machine is still running, follow with the oil salt and pepper.
Sorry, this really did not go over well with us. I think it was just the combination of the green avocado, purplish plum tomatoes and the tofu. We were three families sitting down to a light supper in the garden, and I had this in a pretty clear bowl. I had tasted it before and told everyone that it was good, but I guess it just looked to unappetizing a color. I'd like to try it one more time, without the plum tomatoes, to see if it flies then. Sorry Rita, this one didn't raise the bar!